Companion Solutions – Docuvision ACCarchive
ACCarchive is ideal for creating “DIGITAL FILING CABINETS” of scanned copies of paper documents such as POD’s, customer contracts, HR files, etc. Once indexed according to customer requirements, these paper documents can be easily searched for and viewed on your computer, saving incredible amounts of time. Reduce bad debts, prevent fraud, avoid lost documents and save printing costs. ACCarchive removes the risks and costs arising from lost documents.
Office documents such as Word, Excel or Adobe Acrobat can also be added to the “DIGITAL FILING CABINETS” so that a complete history of transactions can be kept together.
ACCarchive has been built using the latest Microsoft .NET technologies and utilises either a Microsoft SQL Server database or MSDE (Microsoft Sequel Desktop Edition). ACCarchive can be scaled from a small single user to a large enterprise wide system.
Implementation methodology ensures rapid ROI and rapid staff acceptance based on a solid strategy adopted at many companies, we embrace management requirements and get staff buy-in and adoption by following a participative approach to the system design and the training.
The business problem and the solution
Tired of customer’s asking you to fax another copy of their POD before they’ll make payment on their account? Can’t find the contract relating to the supply of goods or services to your company and you want to cancel? Wouldn’t it be really nice if at the click of your mouse, the document you need appears on your screen in seconds? And if required it can be faxed or e-mailed immediately as proof.
- ACCarchive improves staff productivity and morale, by giving everyone quick access to the documents they need
- Better customer service
- Quicker collections mean better return on sales
- Manage your accounts payables by tracking the paper associated with your purchases
- ACCarchive helps companies comply with the ECT Act, King II, FICA, Labour Act, Sarbanes Oxley and other regulations concerning the secure archival of documents
- Scan and Index for capturing documents and attaching the index information
- Search and view for finding and viewing documents in the archive
- Distribute for e-mailing, printing or faxing of documents
- Administrator for setting up and managing the system and the security
- ACCarchive grows with your needs, start as small as you wish and grow as you expand.
ACCarchive has the following core features
- Simple User Interface ACCarchive has an extremely simple user interface. Users can start to use ACCarchive after a short training stint and can be scanning in or searching for documents very quickly.
- User-Defined Index Fields ACCarchive allows customers to specify an unlimited number of index fields per document. Fields can be configured individually to suit each customer or department’s indexing requirements.
- Lookup Fields ACCarchive has the ability to create a list of specific values that are assigned against one or more fields. This speeds up indexing by supplying a simple drop down list to the user.
- Indexing Zone Support ACCarchive contains zone indexing support so that when an image is being indexed, the image will automatically move and zoom to the position of where the information is found on the image.
- Auto indexing to improve indexing productivity, indexing of one or two fields can be performed and then the balance of the index data can be pulled automatically from customer’s accounting software, ERP system or any other application. If combined with barcode indexing, then the indexing can be fully automated.
- Remote Scan ACCarchive contains a remote scan feature which allows the software to scan in documents to the local machine and then upload the documents to a remote server location. Once there, these documents can be indexed into the document libraries.
- Scanner support ACCarchive supports both Twain and ISIS scanners and scanning in both black & white or colour.
- Storage Formats ACCarchive can store scanned documents in TIFF (Group 4), JPEG, GIF and PNG. This enables many other software applications to view documents stored in ACCarchive. ACCarchive also supports storage of Adobe PDF or Microsoft Office documents.
- Encryption of documents this comes standard with ACCarchive and means that documents are “locked up” very securely and complies with the ECT Act and other regulations.
- Security ACCarchive has the ability to create users and groups. Users can then be assigned to a group or groups, and then those groups given rights to document libraries and document groupings. Groups can then be configured to have simple viewing rights all the way through to full administrative rights.
- Secure Access ACCarchive can use Windows authentication so that Windows users only remember one password when logging into the Windows domain as well as ACCarchive.
- Audit Trail ACCarchive has a built-in audit trail which logs all the actions performed by users within the system. Useful for security and for determining training needs.
- Document Storage Multiple document storage locations can be specified per Document Library and this will allow users to split the document library over multiple storage areas for storage and viewing purposes.
- Document Libraries Multiple document libraries can be configured to store different document types.
Search And Viewing Tools
- Search searching based on security rights can be performed on available document types. This is done through Internet Explorer. Wildcard searches can be included where the spelling is uncertain or only a partial number or name is known. Search results are displayed in a list. User selects document to view.
- Search Buttons inside Sage ERP Accpac Use the conveniently located buttons on the Sage ERP Accpac screen to launch a search from within Sage ERP Accpac.
- Extensive document viewing tools the web browser based viewer provides all the usual viewing tools such as zoom, full page view, next page and rotate and are all accessible via clearly marked icon buttons.
- Document Groupings Multiple document groupings can be configured so that users can search multiple document types at once based on same fields found in different document types.
- View Multiple Documents Multiple documents can be viewed simultaneously.
- Optional Java web applet viewer available the Java based plug in provides flexibility for a wide range of integration opportunities and very fast performance on networks with very heavy traffic. This viewer also provides all the viewing tools found in the standard Internet Explorer viewer. Some additional tools not possible in Internet Explorer are also available, including fit to width, fit to page and go-to-page number.
- PDF and MS Office Support documents in Adobe PDF format or Microsoft Office can also be archived in the system with your scanned documents.
- Integration to accounting or other software Various levels of integration with other applications is available.
- Exception Reporting Pro-active reporting on missing documents such as Invoices with no POD’s, means businesses are able to track missing documents before it is too late.
- Export Module for exporting data and documents from ACCarchive to an external system.
- Barcode ACCarchive will read barcodes from the scanned images and place the data inside index fields for automatic indexing.
- OCR The optional OCR module has two functions. Zone OCR allows the user to configure the OCR software to read text from a zone on the scanned page and place the OCR result into a specified index field. Use of OCR is however, very dependent on the type of document being scanned and the quality of these documents.
- Forms Recognition ACCarchive can utilise Forms Recognition software for entering data from forms. Again, the use of Forms Recognition software is very dependent on the type of document being scanned and the quality of these documents.
- C.O.L.D ACCarchive has the ability to import text information from ERP systems.
- JPEG2000 Support Support for the JP2 file format and JPEG2000 Stream Data. This format requires a special viewer to view the image.
The Platform And The Environment
- ACCarchive has been developed using the latest Microsoft development tools. Therefore it creates a strong platform for integration with other applications using these latest technologies.
- Browser based Admin module the administration module allows the administrator to configure the system using a standard web browser. Administrator functions include: setup of database, document types, index field names, index field types, index field lengths, zone index areas, index drop down lists, security, user groups, and audit log settings.
- Browser based Search and Viewing module ACCarchive also uses a browser based search and viewer module which allows a normal user to login via a web browser to search, view and distribute documents.