Data Protection Manager 2010
There is a better way!
If your company relies on Microsoft® server technologies, who will you trust to maximize its protection and recovery? Database administrators, e-mail managers, and other IT implementers and developers are looking for a better way to protect and recover data from key business applications like:
- Windows file shares
- Windows client data
- Windows system state
- SQL Server
- SharePoint products and technologies
- Microsoft Exchange Server
DPM 2010 enables continuous data protection for Microsoft application, virtualization and file servers to seamlessly integrated secondary disk, tape and cloud. DPM 2010 continues to raise the standard for Windows backup and recovery:
Continuous Data Protection:
DPM protects core Windows Server workloads by continuously monitoring data for changes at a block or byte-level (depending on workload), using technology and later replicating those changes capturing data changes with application-aware byte-level agents, providing an easy-to-manage and robust disk/tape back end platform, and one-click lossless application recovery.
Rapid and Reliable Recovery:
DPM enables IT administrators & end-users to easily recover data in minutes from easily accessible disk instead of locating and restoring from less-reliable tapes.
Advanced Technology for Enterprises of all sizes:
DPM brings together the best aspects of CDP real-time protection with traditional tape backup/restore to provide a comprehensive disk to disk to tape data recovery solution.
DPM 2010 is designed for the application stakeholder, a SQL or Exchange Administrator or an IT generalist and uses wizards and workflows to help ensure that you can protect your data without requiring an advanced degree, training or certification in storage and backup technologies.
DPM 2010 presents the data to be protected in the same context as users access it. This empowers you to select databases, or storage groups, or farms, or virtual machines, or file shares for protection with DPM then determining the files and components to protect.
DPM agents use Volume Shadowcopy Services (VSS) to ensure that data is protected and restored using only methods that were designed by and supported from the application workloads themselves, such as the Exchange VSS writer or transactional SQL log-based backups.
What is Forefront Threat Management Gateway 2010?
Forefront Threat Management Gateway 2010 (TMG) enables businesses by allowing employees to safely and productively use the Internet for business without worrying about malware and other threats. It provides multiple layers of continuously updated protections that are integrated into a unified, easy to manage gateway, reducing the cost and complexity of Web security. TMG includes a fully featured firewall capability, and adds a Unified Threat Management (UTM).
- Multiple URL filtering data sources for improved blocking of malicious Web sites.
- Highly accurate antimalware engine.
- Intrusion prevention against exploitation of vulnerabilities.
- Built-in, proven network protection technologies of ISA 2006.
- Multiple Web security technologies integrated into a single solution.
- Authentication, update, policy distribution and reporting infrastructure investments.
- Single interface for managing Web security policy.
- Comprehensive logging and reporting.
Multi-layer Web Security:
- Integrates URL filtering, antimalware inspection, intrusion prevention, application- and network-layer firewalls, and HTTP/HTTPS inspection in a single solution.
Forefront Threat Management Gateway Web Protection Service:
- Provides antimalware updates for the integrated Microsoft AV engine and access to Microsoft Reputation Services for URL filtering.
- URL security decisions are more accurate as they are based on reputation information from multiple vendors and internal Microsoft security data.
Network Inspection System (NIS):
- Provides signature-based intrusion prevention for web-based threats seeking to exploit known vulnerabilities. Updates for NIS are included in the base server license.