Visio 2010 Latest Features!
With a dramatically improved user experience and intelligent drawing tools and templates, Visio 2010 makes every step in creating diagrams easier.
Start by building your diagram with professional-looking templates and modern, pre-drawn shapes. Then, easily link your diagram to popular data sources (such as Excel). You’ll see data automatically refresh right within your diagram, reflected in vibrant visuals such as icons, symbols, colors and bar graphs. Finally, with just a few clicks, publish your data-linked diagram to SharePoint and provide access to others on the Web, even if they don’t have Visio.
Bring your diagrams to life with dynamic, data-driven visuals
Gaining a clear and complete view of information that matters to your business often requires both a high-level perspective and detailed data. With just a few clicks, Visio 2010 helps you see the entire picture by showing meaningful data and information graphically in a single, up-to-date diagram.
- Easily connect your diagrams to one or more data sources including Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, Microsoft SQL Server, SharePoint Foundation, or any OLEDB (Object Linking and Embedding Database) or ODBC (Open Database Connectivity) data source using the Data Selector and Automatic Link wizards.
- Display real-time data right within the shapes of your diagrams, based on conditions you define, using meaningful graphics such as color, icons, symbols, and data bars. Then, add a legend to explain the meaning of your data-linked graphics.
- Keep the linked data in your diagrams up-to-date without any additional effort using Automatic Refresh.
- Drill down into detailed shape and diagram data using the Shape Data or External Data windows.
Remove complexity with a diverse set of intuitive, professional diagramming tools.
- Jump-start diagramming with a diverse set of pre-drawn shapes, sample drawings, and templates for IT, business,process management, and more. For any type of diagramming need, Visio can help you to get started quickly.
- Find everything you need in one place to complete a diagramming task. Every step in creating a diagram is more intuitive, with the logical groupings of features in Ribbon tabs, an enhanced Shapes window for easy access to shapes and stencils and a new status bar that helps you move more efficiently within and between your diagrams.
- Add and align shapes easily and accurately with features such as the Quick Shapes Mini Toolbar, enhanced dynamic grid, automatic layout adjustment and page Auto Size.
- Simplify large and complex diagrams using Sub-processes and Containers to group related shapes visually and logically. A Subprocesses— a mini-diagram on a separate page that links to a Sub process shape in a larger diagram—breaks complex processes in diagrams into more manageable pieces.
- Make your diagrams more appealing and professional-looking in seconds using modern shapes and visuals, a rich gallery of themes and Live Preview.
- Create and monitor SharePoint workflows easier than ever with a new advanced template that contains SharePoint workflow rules and logic and the ability to export and import workflows between Microsoft SharePoint Designer 2010 and Visio 2010.